Overview Of Program
The City of Phoenix has implemented the Bulk Trash Pick-up and Street Sweeping Program for the city to ensure residents have the opportunity to keep their neighborhoods and properties cleaned and debris free throughout the year.
Phoenix has segmented the city into 4 different sections, each with 13 different sub-sections.
Each sub-section is assigned 4 different dates throughout the year to be subject to Bulk Trash Pick-up and subsequent street sweeping. To easily find the 2015 scheduled dates,
use the Bulk Trash Pick-up Map & Street Sweeping Map links above.
Please note that all dates presented are the Public Works Department `estimated' Pick-up / Sweeping dates. To find out if the City is behind schedule on the Bulk Trash Pick or Street Sweeping, call the Public Works Department at 602-253-8796. For more information on street sweeping operations call 602-262-7194.
Bulk Trash Pick-Up
On Bulk Trash Pick-up dates, all trash should be neatly stacked at least 5 feet away from any kind of objects such as poles, utility boxes, mail boxes, vehicles, etc. There is both street collection (with or without sidewalks) and alley collection locations, depending on your property. The City specifically states to not put any bulk trash on sidewalks.
- No more than 20 cubic yards of Bulk Trash per household
- Pile must be orderly and free of "loose" leaves / bulk trash
- Should not contain hazardous waste such as antifreeze, chemicals, paint, etc...
- Community piles are welcomed.
- No tires or car parts in excess of 20lbs. or over 4 feet long.
- No glass.
During the week that your area is scheduled for street cleaning, Phoenix has the following directions for residents:
- Keep garbage receptacles out of the street on collection day
- Place them on the sidewalk next to the curb, not on the pavement. Limit street parking as much as possible during normal working hours
- Keep young children and pets away from the machine while it is in operation
Other Sweeping Services
- Major and collector streets within the city of Phoenix boundaries are swept every 14 days
- Streets within the downtown business corridor are swept daily
- To request your street be swept please call 602-262-6441